FOR FANS OF…
- 39 Clues – Doublecross Book 4: Mission Atomic, the last book in the Doublecross series, releases June 28.
- Amelia Bedelia – Chapter Book #10: Amelia Bedelia Ties the Knot is out July 5.
- Anna & Elsa – Return to the Ice Palace is out July 5.
- Candy Fairies – A Minty Mess releases on June 21.
- Captain Awesome – Captain Awesome Meets Super Dude!: Super Special is out June 14.
- Curious George – Hooray for Halloween is out July 19.
- Fly Guy – Fly Guy Presents: The White House releases on June 28.
- Flat Stanley – Flat Stanley and the Lost Treasure is out July 5.
- Geronimo Stilton – Cavemice #11: Sea Monster Surprise releases June 28 along with The Cheese Experiment #63.
- Goosebumps – Most Wanted Special Edition #4: The Haunter releases June 28.
- Horrid Henry – Horrid Henry’s Sizzling Summer releases July 14.
- LEGO Ninjago – Team Ninja releases June 7 and Reader #15 releases June 28.
- Magic Tree House – Book #55, Night of the Ninth Dragon, releases July 26.
- My Weirdest School – Miss Daisy is Still Crazy releases June 21. The new series My Weird School Fast Facts: Geography and My Weird School Fast Facts: Sports is out June 21.
- Nancy Clancy – Nancy Clancy Seeks a Fortune is out June 7.
- Pete the Cat – Pete the Cat’s Got Class releases June 21.
- Rainbow Magic Fairies – Melissa the Sports Fairy is out June 2.
- Splat the Cat – Splat the Cat and the Big Secret is out June 14 and Splat the Cat for President is out July 12.
- Who Was…? – Who Was Alexander the Great? is out June 7 along with Who Was Jules Verne?
FEATURED SERIES CORNER
The Boxcar Children
The Boxcar Children series has been around for a LONG time. The first book was published in 1924 by Gertrude Chandler Warner, a first grade teacher. She wrote the first 19 books and then different authors took over, writing the next 124 books. The series is still going strong with the latest release in May, The Celebrity Cat Caper.
Check out the stories about Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny, who live in a boxcar for a while when they first become orphaned. They eventually move in with their grandfather (who moves the boxcar into his backyard) and encounter many adventures and mysteries in their neighborhood.
DID YOU KNOW?
The author of Elephant and Piggie, Mo Willems, wrote the final book for this series, The Thank You Book. This book was released on May 3 and completes 25 stories for the adventures of Elephant and Piggie.
Mo created a special website, Thankorama.com, to go along with this book. The website has a lot of stuff: How to Draw Piggie video, Thank You notes, and more.
Have you read any Elephant and Piggie books? For a good read about two really good friends, check them out!
Neil Patrick Harris is currently in production playing Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events, a 13-episode series coming to Netflix in August. The series is about the orphaned Baudelaire siblings — Violet, Klaus, and Sunny — who are sent to live with their distant cousin, Count Olaf. The count is always plotting to steal their inheritance money. When the siblings move away, Olaf follows them around wearing different disguises. This should be a fun series to watch. Get a head start on what the series is all about by checking out the 13 books at your library.
MY FAVORITE THINGS
It’s that time of year – school is out and summer vacation is here. Sitting down with a good book from your local library can take you to places far, far away without leaving your backyard. I love reading in my air-conditioned dog house on a hot summer day. It is one of my favorite things!
Check out the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Triathlon, where you can get a free book for every eight books you read, or Books-A-Million’s Summer Quest, where you can get a free Camp Half-Blood tote bag. Take the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge and earn rewards, or check out the Chuck E. Cheese Reading Rewards and earn 10 free tokens for reading each day for two weeks. Happy summer reading!